Join our zoo community
zoogiraffe

Raccoon and Raccoon Dog enclosure

Raccoon and Raccoon Dog enclosure
zoogiraffe, 11 Sep 2010
    • chizlit
      Dumb question I know, but are they mixed in here?
    • Maguari
      Yes, they are. I was there with zg - it was just starting to get dark so both species were active but photos difficult. Was quite happy with the attached shot though. :)
    • Pygathrix
      Funny combination. Do they keep elephants and elephant shrews together too?
    • Tarsius
      They do not have elephants and elephant shrews at this Place, because its not a zoo, they have almots only european species.

By they way, whats wrong with this species together ? I Japan, I've seen moose together with rheas.....
    • Jabiru96
      What an interesting combo...
    • Pygathrix
      I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I suppose there is some logic in that they are both species which have been introduced into Europe and their ranges now overlap.

You can probably see wild moose and rhea in New Zealand, they have got just about everything else there.

BTW they keep many species of wild animals on public display, so I think I would call it a zoo even if they don't do so themselves.
    • Sun Wukong
      As a legal definition, i.e. "zoo" = an institution displaying animals all year long for the (paying) public, you are correct. In German (or should I say "Teutonic";)?) habitual language use, however, most people differ between a "Zoo/Tiergarten" (= an institution with focus on exotic animals, in particular exotic megafauna, and often within or close to a larger town/city) and a "Wildpark" ( = an institution with focus on native wildlife [usually also displaying some smaller exotics] that is often located in the countryside).
      ► Zoo-Infos.de ◄ - die Zoo-Datenbank
    • Pygathrix
      Why thank you.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pforzheim Wildpark
    Uploaded By:
    zoogiraffe
    Date:
    11 Sep 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    268.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.9
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix E510
    Date / Time:
    2010:09:02 17:27:21
    Exposure Time:
    10/20 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    4.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).