Join our zoo community
CZJimmy

Realm of the Red Ape aerial shot

*taken from Windows Live maps* This image shows the scale of the Orang's new exhibit compared to the old one...

Realm of the Red Ape aerial shot
CZJimmy, 28 Apr 2008
    • CZJimmy
      *taken from Windows Live maps*

This image shows the scale of the Orang's new exhibit compared to the old one...
    • bongorob
      The area for phase two can clearly be seen now.
    • PAT
      Which bit is phase 2?
    • CZJimmy
      PAT, phase 2 will be the demolition of the old exhibit (the building and island on the left). This will be replaced by a similar building to the new one and two new exterior exhibits.

Once everything is completed, phase 1 will be Sumatran Orangs and phase 2 will be Bornean Orangs.
    • snowleopard
      Thanks for posting this shot Jimmy! I love all of the aerial photos here at ZooChat, and this gives a fantastic overview of the entire orangutan complex. What is the total cost for both phase 1 and phase 2 of the orang project?
    • CZJimmy
      I believe phase 1 cost approximately £2.5-3million, but don't quote me on that. I'm just trying to remember what was stated in news reports at the exhibit's opening...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    CZJimmy
    Date:
    28 Apr 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    45.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    710px
    Height:
    355px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).