Join our zoo community
vogelcommando

Red-billed toucan

Oct. 15 2017

Red-billed toucan
vogelcommando, 19 Dec 2018
    • WhistlingKite24
      Lovely shot- toucans are just spectacular birds.:)
    • DelacoursLangur
      One of my favorite toucan species. Shame they are so rare in captivity despite being a vulnerable species, I only know of one holder in the US. Does anyone know how the european population is faring?
    • jayjds2
      @DelacoursLangur I can think of four US holders, actually - but no, not exactly a flourishing population here.

In Europe, ZTL lists 36 holders so the species is doing much better there.
    • DelacoursLangur
      @jayjds2 My bad, I think I mixed them up with Aulacorhynchus albivitta because they go by the same common name (other than the "et" part). Good to hear that they are doing better than I thought, I did a quick search for pictures on zoochat and only got a few institutions and feared the worst. According to the toucan thread from back in march there are 3 US holders, hopefully the population is growing and another institution has them now?!
    • jayjds2
      @DelacoursLangur the thread seems to have missed Brights Zoo, which had the species at the time (and still does, as far as I’m aware).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Ouwehands Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    vogelcommando
    Date:
    19 Dec 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    833 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2865px
    Height:
    2265px
    Aperture:
    f/6.3
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 1100D
    Date / Time:
    2000:01:01 00:05:02
    Exposure Time:
    1/400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    230 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).