Join our zoo community
Arizona Docent

Refurbished ocelot exhibit

September 2017

Refurbished ocelot exhibit
Arizona Docent, 18 Sep 2017
snowleopard likes this.
    • Arizona Docent
      This is one of the infamous and much discussed old roundhouses. They have two sides with a keeper area in the middle (doors on far right). Originally each side (such as the one shown here) would be split into two or more individual exhibits (with divider fences based on the smaller pillars). Lately many have been enlarged so that each side is a single exhibit, as was done here for ocelot.

(Note - this photo was taken by my cousin, who gave me permission to post it).
    • Anteaterman
      Has the exhibit been extended into the blue billed curassow exhibit on the right?
    • Chlidonias
      this looks fine as one enclosure. I can imagine they'd have been horrible when divided though. Was the roof area above the visitors originally covered over?
    • Arizona Docent
      Yes I believe they were covered originally. I have no idea about blue billed curassow exhibit (as I said my cousin took this so I have not seen it myself).
    • snowleopard
      One of the main problems with the 20+ roundhouse exhibits at Los Angeles Zoo is that there is a lack of height in all of the exhibits. Some of the roundhouse enclosures work just fine for the species but others (for example the ones with Siamangs or Steller's Sea Eagles) are atrocious.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    18 Sep 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    337.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1000px
    Height:
    432px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).