Join our zoo community
TinoPup

RWPZ 7/22 - Primate exhibit, Bolivian grey titi monkeys

Also has unseen sakis and howlers.

RWPZ 7/22 - Primate exhibit, Bolivian grey titi monkeys
TinoPup, 22 Nov 2022
    • Neil chace
      This exhibit doesn't rotate. Its a mixed species habitat with all three primate species, not sure why you only saw the Titi Monkeys on your visit, that's odd, but I've seen all three species sharing this exhibit before.
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @Neil chace Oh! I only saw the titis inside, and briefly saw a saki outside, so thought it rotated the three. I saw the tamarins, too, but they were too quick for me to get a photo of.
    • Neil chace
      @TinoPup yeah, the tamarins have access to the large exhibit in the center (with the birds and sloths), however on multiple occasions I have seen them hanging onto the mesh of this habitat.
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @Neil chace I didn't know about the tamarins so was a bit surprised to see them suddenly come running out from the ceiling! The went straight into the middle, becoming lost in the branches.
      Neil chace likes this.
    • Neil chace
      @TinoPup It's a shame you couldn't get a better look at them. I love it when zoos keep golden lion tamarins in habitats with access to natural light, as I find way too often zoos don't and they end up an off-white color. But when the tamarins get to show off their natural, bright gold color- such as at Roger Williams, it is a much better experience both for the guests and for the tamarins!
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @Neil chace I agree! The National Aquarium keeps some in the much, MUCH bigger rainforest, and I've seen them up close there several times.
      Neil chace likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Roger Williams Park Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    TinoPup
    Date:
    22 Nov 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4000px
    Height:
    3000px
    Aperture:
    f/2.2
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G998U
    Date / Time:
    2022:07:05 11:02:22
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 160
    Focal Length:
    2.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).