Join our zoo community
Zooish

S.E.A. Aquarium - East Africa

Only zone in the aquarium to feature a freshwater habitat. The 2 tanks represent Lake Victoria and Lake Tanganyika, with tigerfish and cichlids.

S.E.A. Aquarium - East Africa
Zooish, 13 Dec 2012
    • Zooish
      Only zone in the aquarium to feature a freshwater habitat. The 2 tanks represent Lake Victoria and Lake Tanganyika, with tigerfish and cichlids.
    • condor
      The left tank is clearly the Tanganyika (Cyphotilapia), but all species I can see in the right tank are Malawi cichlids (Nimbochromis, Copadichromis, Labeotropheus/Pseudotropheus). However, there may be some Victoria's among the smallest/darkest that I can't ID with any level of certainty from this photo. Were there any species labels?

edit: just visited the Marine Life Park homepage and while they also use Tanganyika and Victoria as examples, it appears Tanganyika and Malawi would have been more fitting. In addition to the widespread tigerfish, the example species they list are Tanganyika and Malawi endemics, with a single odd one out (kribensis, a small West African cichlid that I doubt is present in either of these tanks as it would perish fast).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Marine Life Park
    Uploaded By:
    Zooish
    Date:
    13 Dec 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count: