Join our zoo community
migdog

Sealion Pool 5

Sealion Pool 5
migdog, 11 Mar 2018
    • Pertinax
      looks nice but I don't think any larger than the previous enclosure and I think the water area may be the same?
    • migdog
      I think the water area is slightly larger from previous, but not substantially. The sealions spent almost all day in there yesterday, apart from a bit of target training.
      Pertinax likes this.
    • snowleopard
      Does anyone know how much this cost? I'm just curious, as several American zoos have plans for new sea lion exhibits and the average cost is around $20 million or more for each complex. Crazy prices, but the filtration systems cost an absolute fortune.
    • migdog
      The zoo were raising £250,000 for the build, a lot of which would have gone on the filtration system I guess.
    • sooty mangabey
      I realise that Banham’s budget is tiny, compared to the amounts spent in the US, but this looks pretty underwhelming as an exhibit. Given the cost of “doing” such an exhibit well, I do wonder why the decision was made to persist with pinnipeds at the zoo. For a similar investment, something rather more exciting could have been developed for carnivores or primates....
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Banham Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    migdog
    Date:
    11 Mar 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    699.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1920px
    Height:
    1080px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).