Join our zoo community
Zooish

Shark Seas

Currently home to the following shark species: Sandbar, Tawny Nurse, Scalloped Hammerhead, Silvertip, Blacktip, Blacktip Reef, Whitetip Reef, Grey Reef, Bonnethead, Zebra Bullhead, Japanese Wobbegong, Tasseled Wobbegong.

Shark Seas
Zooish, 25 May 2014
    • Zooish
      Currently home to the following shark species: Sandbar, Tawny Nurse, Scalloped Hammerhead, Silvertip, Blacktip, Blacktip Reef, Whitetip Reef, Grey Reef, Bonnethead, Zebra Bullhead, Japanese Wobbegong, Tasseled Wobbegong.
    • snowleopard
      Having 100+ sharks of 12 species must make for a spectacular underwater tunnel experience! On a side note, is the adjacent Maritime Experiential Museum an extra attraction with a separate admission fee? How long does it take to view both the museum and the S.E.A. Aquarium?
    • Giant Panda
      No, you walk through the Maritime Museum after having paid for the aquarium. It looked pretty good, but I had a busy day (S.E.A Aquarium + Butterfly & Insect Kingdom + Underwater World) so didn't stop to look at the exhibits.

I spent about 4 hours at the aquarium, but fish enthusiasts could easily stay longer. This tunnel is perhaps less impressive than it appears, but the number of sharks is quite something.
    • Chlidonias
      as said above, you actually walk through the entire museum to reach the aquarium. I would have loved to have spent time looking around the museum but the aquarium took precedence. I think that would probably be the norm for visitors unfortunately. It took me two hours to go through the aquarium once, then I went round again. I think for both the aquarium and museum combined, a minimum of four hours would be recommended.

Some snippets from my review: http://www.zoochat.com/266/first-visit-s-e-aquarium-25-a-362709/
    • snowleopard
      Thanks for the information guys. An acquaintance recently had 3 days in Singapore and I believe that he saw these attractions:

Day 1- Singapore Zoo + Night Safari
      Day 2- River Safari + Jurong Bird Park
      Day 3- S.E.A. Aquarium + Butterfly & Insect Kingdom + Underwater World (now closed)
    • Giant Panda
      Day 2 sounds rushed. For now at least, I'd be inclined to shift River Safari to Day 1 and leave a full day for Jurong. In an ideal world, of course, you'd add another day.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Marine Life Park
    Uploaded By:
    Zooish
    Date:
    25 May 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count: