BeardsleyZooFan

Shell Factory and Nature Park- Prairie Dog

February 2009: Prairie Dog

Shell Factory and Nature Park- Prairie Dog
BeardsleyZooFan, 20 Jun 2012
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      February 2009: Prairie Dog
    • TropicWorld54
      What other species are at this nature park? I have been to this place a couple of times but never went to the nature park because I think that it is kind of wierd that inside they have a stuffed white tiger.
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      The collection here consists of alligators, a bobcat, caracals, lemurs, a zebra, camels, goats, macaws, a skunk, koi fish, raccoons, coatis, kinkajous, a variety of reptiles and birds and invertebrates, sheep, a pig, and prairie dogs. The only really nice section of this roadside zoo is a lorikeet aviary where these gorgeous birds have lots of space to fly and will interact with visitors. I don't remember if there was feeding for the lories. Honestly, I do not plan on visiting this zoo again, and the many small inadequate exhibits made me sad.
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      Recently, to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Shell Factory, they opened up a 7,000 sq. ft. aviary with misters called Rainforest. I don't know what species are in there, but hopefully some of the animals they have like macaws or the coatis got to live in this aviary rather than their small old cages.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Shell Factory and Nature Park
    Uploaded By:
    BeardsleyZooFan
    Date:
    20 Jun 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count: