Join our zoo community
Zooish

"Singapore Natives" exhibit

"Singapore Natives" exhibit
Zooish, 30 Oct 2021
    • Zooish
      Sunda Pangolins have been added to the existing Small-toothed Civet and Leopard Cat exhibit along the Leopard Trail (only the Civet is visible in the photo). All 3 species are native to Singapore.
    • Mr Gharial
    • Zooish
      @Mr Gharial yes they are free to interact with one another
    • Mr Gharial
      @Zooish

Very interesting. Seeing that Pangolins are very prone to stress, you'd think they wouldn't do well in Mixed enclosures
    • honeybadger
      Do you have any idea whether the pangolin is still there?
    • Zooish
      @honeybadger i think so. Saw a pangolin feeding bowl in the exhibit during a recent visit, although i didn't see the pangolin. I think the plan is for this to be the only pangolin exhibit. The current pangolin and civet exhibit at Fishing Cat Trail might house South American species instead.
    • honeybadger
      Brazilian porcupine? As much as I'd love to see new species, it's too bad that we might see pangolins less often. The current pangolin+civet exhibit is a really great exhibit to see active pangolin.
    • DavidBrown
      @Zooish Have you seen any of these species in the wild in Singapore?
    • Zooish
      @DavidBrown i've seen a pangolin. I've not seen the small-toothed civet but have seen common palm civets many times. Have not seen a leopard cat either - those will be quite hard to spot
      DavidBrown likes this.
    • Dr. Wolverine
      If the pangolin is there, why does Mandai not provide signage?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Singapore Night Safari
    Uploaded By:
    Zooish
    Date:
    30 Oct 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    5.8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px
    Aperture:
    f/1.5
    Exposure Time:
    1/6 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1000
    Focal Length:
    4.32 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).