Join our zoo community
Hvedekorn

Skive Anlæg - Aviary #2

Skive Anlæg - Aviary #2
Hvedekorn, 4 Mar 2019
    • Hvedekorn
      Skive Anlæg is the most well-known and most landscaped park of the town of Skive (that I live in). Other than just being a pleasant little park to stroll around, it has four publicly viewable aviaries with 11 species of birds.

This aviary houses domestic chickens (not sure about the race) and budgerigars.

March 2019.
    • KevinB
      The chickens look like they have some Salmon Faverolles in them, but they don't fully look like that breed to me, at least as far as I can tell by this image.
    • Hvedekorn
      They could be crossbreeds, of course. The birds are provided to the aviaries by a local bird breeder's association, so maybe they'll just throw in the "remnants" that they can't exhibit or breed.
    • KevinB
      That could definitely be the case and wouldn't be a bad idea to make good use of these animals.

If I were to hap-hazard a guess I'd say they are crossbreeds of Salmon Faverolles and Wyandottes, but I can't tell you much more unless you have a better picture.
    • Hvedekorn
      I only have this one: https://i.imgur.com/WQ0azpN.jpg

If you still don't know, it's not that important - I only wrote that I wasn't sure about the race because just writing "housing domestic chicken" without mentioning a race seems a bit inadequate.
    • KevinB
      I'd still say they look like a crossbreed of Salmon Faverolles and Wyandottes. They have the Faverolles salmon color, but the leg color, head characteristics (comb, lack of beard) and general body shape of the Wyandotte.
      Hvedekorn likes this.
    • Hvedekorn
      I'll trust the word of the one who's the bigger expert in chicken races, then. :p
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Denmark - Other
    Uploaded By:
    Hvedekorn
    Date:
    4 Mar 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3072px
    Height:
    2304px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon DIGITAL IXUS 70
    Date / Time:
    2019:03:03 15:38:29
    Exposure Time:
    1/400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    5.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).