Join our zoo community
Chlidonias

skydiving Rhesus Macaque (Macaca mulatta)

A brilliant natural history museum, built in time for the Olympics when they were held in Beijing in 2008. The museum covers three floors. Visited September 2013

skydiving Rhesus Macaque (Macaca mulatta)
Chlidonias, 25 May 2015
    • Chlidonias
      A brilliant natural history museum, built in time for the Olympics when they were held in Beijing in 2008. The museum covers three floors.

Visited September 2013
    • carlos55
      It is hard to find words to describe this.
    • FBBird
      .....Rhesus Macaque

Looks more like a High-fiving Skydiving Rhesus Macaque.
    • Chlidonias
      yeah I really didn't understand where they were going with this mount. The other primates were positioned more naturally (although the museum did seem to like posing animals clinging to walls). This macaque can be seen at top right in the photo below.

[​IMG]
    • Brum
      Some of those displays give you a whole new definition of the term "spider monkey"! :p
    • Deer Forest
      It's natural for langurs to climb on cliffs, but the gesture of the macaque specimen is really stupid.
    • Zooish
      It looks like it wants to give you a big hug! I give it credit for creativity.

And I'm digging your new profile pic Chlidonias! Twas an awesome movie :D
    • Chlidonias
      that is credit to (or the fault of) DDCorvus and a comment he made last year in my travel thread. The story may have ended, but I thought I might give the picture a trial anyway.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    National Zoological Museum of China
    Uploaded By:
    Chlidonias
    Date:
    25 May 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: