Join our zoo community
David Matos Mendes

Spectacled-bear sign - Brasilia zoo

Spectacled-bear sign - Brasilia zoo
    • Onychorhynchus coronatus
      I definitely prefer the signs at Brasilia zoo to those at Sorocaba and Sao Paulo. Not too minimalistic but neither are they overwhelmed with information and the illustrations are quite nice and traditional too.
    • David Matos Mendes
      @Onychorhynchus coronatus
      Oh, yeah, definitely. From pictures I've seen, zoo São Paulo has some quite small signs, right?

I also liked the naturalistic look that this rustic wood gives to zoo Brasilia's signs. The only issue is that it is located a little far from the viewing platform (not further than zoo signs usually stay, but the text of the sign is in very small letters, so it would be better if it was nearer than usual, or increased the size of the text). I also enjoyed the ilustrations and informations about the animal's diet, wich personally, I don't remember having seen in any other zoo.
    • Onychorhynchus coronatus
      @David Matos Mendes Yes, I definitely agree.

The signs at zoo São Paul are not terrible by any means but I just don't really like the sort of colourful / powerpoint aesthetic style which they are presented in. It somehow feels a bit too generic and impersonal.

In contrast, judging by your pictures the information signs at the Brasilia zoo have a more rustic and traditional "old school" aesthetic that I prefer.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Brasilia Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    David Matos Mendes
    Date:
    30 Aug 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4608px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/3.0
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    COOLPIX B500
    Date / Time:
    2019:10:12 15:41:07
    Exposure Time:
    10/8000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 125
    Focal Length:
    4 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).