Join our zoo community
TinoPup

Staten Island Zoo - Winter flounder

Staten Island Zoo - Winter flounder
TinoPup, 24 Jan 2021
JigerofLemuria and Elephantlover like this.
    • Gondwana
      The fish in the middle is a Northern Puffer.
    • TinoPup
      @Gondwana The one I thought was the flounder?
    • Gondwana
      Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but I can't see any flatfish in the picture.
    • TinoPup
      @Gondwana The one in the middle, between the grass, is flat on the bottom and mostly flat on top, a bit of a rise at the head/eyes
    • Gondwana
      Yes, that's the one I'm talking about. A flounder would be as flat and wide as a pancake and the eyes would be right at the tip of the head.
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @Gondwana Ah, okay! That seemed to be the best fit based off of what was signed.
    • Gondwana
      I wonder what percentage of aquarium exhibits actually have signage that matches what's in the tanks. Of the places I've been I think Shedd did the best job.
    • TinoPup
      @Gondwana Their coral reef tank, which has by far the most species, is 100% for everything I saw having a sign; I didn't see a few species there were signs for, an eel and two fishes. Asian River tank also all matched up. Looking through the signs again, there is one for northern puffer, but it doesn't look like this fish at all - which was the case for several of the coral reef fishes, as well.
      Gondwana likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Staten Island Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    TinoPup
    Date:
    24 Jan 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    2268px
    Aperture:
    f/1.7
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G955U
    Date / Time:
    2021:01:20 10:49:50
    Exposure Time:
    1/50 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    4.25 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).