Join our zoo community
Buldeo

Stingray Cove

Stingray Cove
Buldeo, 27 Jul 2020
snowleopard and Echobeast like this.
    • Buldeo
      Taken 26 July 2020

The newly opened Stingray Cove is a seasonal exhibit open daily from 0930-1715, but will close due to inclement weather like lightning.
    • Echobeast
      Looks very nice. It makes me wonder if there is any plan for the Felines building to be torn down soon as it looks like the outside of the building is well integrated into the exhibit. Will it be repurposed into backstage housing or office space or will it eventually be renovated into part of the coastal exhibit as the master plan states? I feel like Stingray Cove looks more permanent than temporary and could be difficult to work around if the building is eventually torn down for a polar bear exhibit.
      Buldeo likes this.
    • Buldeo
      @Echobeast It's better than most of the other ones I've seen so far.

I was looking at the master plan the other day, and I still think putting in polar bears is a bad idea. They've got the makings of a nice intertidal-riparian habitat here. Take the polar bear exhibit and drop in grizzlies instead.

Put polar bears elsewhere. But that's a problem unto itself -- the zoo wants to keep all the large charismatic megafauna, but doesn't want to increase its footprint. Two or three animals in an area doesn't sound particularly enjoyable for repeat visits.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Denver Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Buldeo
    Date:
    27 Jul 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    9.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4656px
    Height:
    3492px
    Aperture:
    f/1.6
    Make:
    LGE
    Model:
    LG-G710
    Date / Time:
    2020:07:26 18:51:50
    Exposure Time:
    1/524 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    4.03 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).