Join our zoo community
dinosaur50

Storm's Stork!

Storm's Stork! Bronx zoo 2008

Storm's Stork!
dinosaur50, 31 Oct 2016
    • Semioptera
      Nice shot ! I wish they didn't move these birds to their current behind glass enclosure
      dinosaur50 likes this.
    • TeaLovingDave
      Being displayed behind glass is still better than the thick mesh they are displayed behind at Weltvogelpark Walsrode, mind you @Semioptera :p as it is possible with luck to get a reflection-free photograph in the former kind of enclosure, but near-impossible to get a mesh-free shot in the latter!
    • Semioptera
      Yes ... thats true. I couldn't get any good shot of this species at Walsrode, although I didn't really trying hard since there are tons of species there that are rare in US and needs my attention (Coua, Vangas, Horned Parakeet, Curassows, etc) :p
    • dinosaur50
    • Semioptera
      @dinosaur50 Please do. I visited there 2 weeks ago and spent 2 days there. Both days raining, but I had great time. It's best zoo for bird lovers :)
    • TeaLovingDave
      @Semioptera - I hope you will be uploading plenty of photographs :) I visited in June and like yourself spent two days there; eventually I will be writing about it in my trip report threads.

Come to think of it, why don't you post a short account of what you thought about the collection? It would be interesting to get the perspective of a North American on Walsrode.
      Semioptera likes this.
    • dinosaur50
      @TeaLovingDave Looking forward to seeing the pics and trip report from Walsrode
    • Semioptera
      @TeaLovingDave Will do ;)
      Regarding short account, I think I will pass since I'm not good at writing hehe ... I visited 10 zoos in 3 weeks: Barcelona, Santillana, Artis, Walsrode, Berlin, Tierpark, Plzen, Prague, Madrid & Faunia.
      Berlin was dissappointing - pheasantry & aviaries in renovation. Didn't see species I wanted: Trumpet Manucode, James & Puna Flamingo.:(
      My overall impression: European zoo is slightly better than US zoo in terms of exhibit, landscape, etc. All those zoos are beautiful.
      As for collections - US & Europe are equal. :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bronx Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    dinosaur50
    Date:
    31 Oct 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    89.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    602px
    Height:
    960px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).