baboon

Striped skunk

Striped skunk

Striped skunk
baboon, 31 May 2014
    • baboon
      Striped skunk
    • Chlidonias
      hey... I never saw skunks there! Are they new, or were they just sleeping?
    • Deer Forest2
      This photo is taken in 2011. To be honest, even many of us who always pay close attention to Beijing Zoo didn't know they had kept this species until we saw this photo.
    • Chlidonias
      oh, I didn't notice the date there! Maybe I was just too late to see them then....
    • GregOz
      We saw the cage just near the nocturnal house and hog badger when we were there last year but despite many visits back never saw them
    • Chlidonias
      when I was there the hog badgers were in the last on the fox runs (behind the nocturnal house of horrors).
    • baboon
      In fact I also don't know what happened on them now......
      I don't think skunk is a difficult species as they are kept as pets in USA. The place of skunks' exhibit was changed frequently, every year I saw them in a different location, the last time I saw them just next to the entrance of the Nocturnal House and next to the corsac foxes.
    • Foxface
      The stripes on those skunks are yellow in colour, in skunks this indicates certain things are missing in their diet.. it's not a good sign.

I have three skunks in my own collection, they're not the easiest of species to keep but not the most difficult either.:)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Beijing Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    baboon
    Date:
    31 May 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count: