Join our zoo community
Mr Wrinkly

Sumatran Orangutan

Sumatran Orangutan
Mr Wrinkly, 3 Jan 2019
Gigit likes this.
    • Mr Wrinkly
      Puppe is over 50 but she is alert, playful, and and agile enough to climb to the highest platform in the exhibit.
    • TZFan
      Are you positive that is Puppe? Looks like Kembali to me.
    • Mr Wrinkly
      Well, I don't know them as well as you, but the keeper we were chatting with and a volunteer friend said Puppe. Her hair has seemed better trimmed to me lately, so maybe that is it.
    • TZFan
      I'm 99% sure this is Kembali. Puppe's face is much darker. Her hair is shorter and we are missing those deep soulful eyes. Reasons I say it's Kembali is he has a lighter face. The face is starting to flatten. He's starting to grow the long hair that is familiar on an adult male. And you can see his beard quite clearly. I'll double check with a friend.
    • Mr Wrinkly
      Finally it clicked - I was looking thru several recent 'photo files for Puppe on this platform on the day of the conversation I mentioned, came to this and went with it. Now I have found the correct pic but it is not focussed well enough to post.

I will put up another picture from that day that has Puppe on her way to that platform, and gives some perspective of the exhibit.

Told you I don't know them well any more. In this area I spend much more time with the Gibbons.
    • TZFan
      Yeah I double checked with my friend and they said 100% Kembali.

We all can't be experts in identifying all the animals at the zoo. We all have our specialties and favs. Don't look at me if I need to tell you which white rhino is which. I get the girls confused all the time and I couldnt tell the boys apart if my life depended on it, except Teddy.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Mr Wrinkly
    Date:
    3 Jan 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3200px
    Height:
    2400px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
    Date / Time:
    2018:11:28 14:29:59
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    22.95 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).