Join our zoo community
Moebelle

The BRAND NEW! Wild Asia | Zoo Tours

• Moebelle
      On this episode of Zoo Tours, I'm taking you through Ohio's NEWEST exhibit - the Akron Zoo's Wild Asia! Opened May 2021, seven years in the making, this new complex replaced the oldest attraction in the park to make way for a brief but fresh perspective of the world's largest continent. While there now may be only three species, you'll still notice just how diverse Asia can be. With $9 million, the zoo gave a Red Pandas a larger home, brought Gibbons back to Akron, and designed a Tiger facility made for future cubs! Enjoy.
    • OkapiFan
      Loved it!
    • snowleopard
      Thanks for another great video. :)

The two Sumatran tiger enclosures look to be adequate, but arguably disappointing when one considers the $9 million cost of the complex and the huge entrance sign and mock-rock. The red panda exhibit appears to be of a decent size, although quite functional looking, but from this video my favorite of the trio of new habitats would be for the gibbons. There is quite a bit of height to the exhibit, plus many opportunities for brachiating and some cool visitor vantage points.
    • Moebelle
      @snowleopard As enthusiastic as I sound in the video (as if I really have any other option), I can't say that I'm a fan. I would argue they don't exactly have the highest of budgets when it comes to their recent upgrades, but then again, look what Nashville did with just $10 million for Expedition Peru.
      snowleopard likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Akron Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Moebelle
    Date:
    8 Aug 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count: