Join our zoo community
Quartz92

Toronto Zoo Eurasia

Canadian Wilderness Overview with exhibit names!

Toronto Zoo Eurasia
Quartz92, 7 Feb 2010
pendraig_milnerae likes this.
    • Quartz92
      Canadian Wilderness Overview with exhibit names!
    • Meaghan Edwards
      Looks great! Good use of the old reindeer exhibit, using it as part of the huge bison/elk range. I wonder what is the exhibit that has no name written on it will have?
    • Quartz92
      Lol Meaghan, you might be confused? The old reindeer exhibit is the exhibit that has no name. That area old camel/reindeer will have the giant pandas, etc! The new bison/elk exhibit encompasses the current snow leopard, barbary ape exhibits, as well as the old wisent exhibit.
    • Meaghan Edwards
      LOL, makes sense now! Thanks for the clarification. I was just wondering where the elk and bison would be moved to when I first heard of the plans, too.
    • Quartz92
      Yes, and those are just estimated locations, not dead on, however the Grizzly Bear, Bison/Elk, P. Horse and Moose are very accurate.
    • Meaghan Edwards
      Got it :D Glad the P Horses are going to have a renovated exhibit, it's looking a little weathered especially where the run in shed is.
    • Quartz92
      In the actually layout, they will also have a large marsh/swamp/lake near the waterway.

If you have any other questions ask! I can let you know!
    • Meaghan Edwards
      Oh, cool! That is definately more interesting than their rather plain field that they have currently.

Are the dholes going to be included in the renovation? I can't remember if they were or not.
    • Quartz92
      Those are the plans for the Canadian Wilderness only, I am sure there may be other animals to be included into the new Eurasia. The dholes may or may not be apart of the plan.
    • Quartz92
      The Orientation Centre, will be like another pavilion, a huge building with loads of exhibits of Canada's amphibians, reptiles, fish, insects, mammals, etc!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Quartz92
    Date:
    7 Feb 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    121.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    665px
    Height:
    609px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).