Join our zoo community
Kakapo

Trionyx triunguis

African softshell turtle Mekong River section (seriously... they HAVE a Nile River section! This turtle shares exhibit with a reticulated python)

Trionyx triunguis
Kakapo, 12 Oct 2016
    • Kakapo
      African softshell turtle
      Mekong River section (seriously... they HAVE a Nile River section! This turtle shares exhibit with a reticulated python)
    • wally war eagle
      a staff member is not aware of zoogeography.
    • Kakapo
      Probably one or more of the staff members are not aware of zoogeography (for example the ticket vendor, that does not need to know that). But I think that, in general, staff members of this place are perfectly aware of zoogeography. In fact, most of the signs mention the geographical distribution of each species. It's just a question of that they don't give importance. The visitors of the Aquarium are families with kids, not zoo nerds like me (I must be the only one in my town). They only look at the animals and sometimes at the common name of the sign. Also I think that the misplacement of some species is for reutilize exhibits already done that are more adequate for each species than the ones present in the correct section. In this tank, during my first visit (2009), there was an asian softshell turtle, Pelodiscus chinensis. This species disappeared from the aquarium but they want to continue showing a softshell turtle here. So they put an African one in it's place.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Acuario de Zaragoza
    Uploaded By:
    Kakapo
    Date:
    12 Oct 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    71.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    520px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).