Join our zoo community
Nick@Amsterdam

Tufted Capuchins (Cebus apella) in a mixed exhibit

This is a very interesting mixed exhibit amidst a lake at the zoo, that during my visit in 2008 housed: Tayras (Eira barbara) Tufted Capuchins (Cebus apella) South American Coatis (Nasua nasua) The keepers reach the island by means of a boat. It seemed to work pretty well with this combination of animals, and was very interesting to see how the animals interacted with each other, especially during feeding time. See also other pictures. Also visible in this picture is a wild Red-fronted Coot (Fulica rufifrons). The coatis in this exhibit had a darker fur than that of other Nasua nasua, which made me think they might be a hybrid between Nasua nasua and Nasua narica (white-nosed Coatis).

Tufted Capuchins (Cebus apella) in a mixed exhibit
Nick@Amsterdam, 28 Sep 2011
    • Nick@Amsterdam
      This is a very interesting mixed exhibit amidst a lake at the zoo, that during my visit in 2008 housed:

Tayras (Eira barbara)
      Tufted Capuchins (Cebus apella)
      South American Coatis (Nasua nasua)

The keepers reach the island by means of a boat. It seemed to work pretty well with this combination of animals, and was very interesting to see how the animals interacted with each other, especially during feeding time. See also other pictures. Also visible in this picture is a wild Red-fronted Coot (Fulica rufifrons).

The coatis in this exhibit had a darker fur than that of other Nasua nasua, which made me think they might be a hybrid between Nasua nasua and Nasua narica (white-nosed Coatis).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Parque de Las Leyendas
    Uploaded By:
    Nick@Amsterdam
    Date:
    28 Sep 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    373.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSC-F828
    Date / Time:
    2008:03:07 16:36:47
    Exposure Time:
    10/1250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 64
    Focal Length:
    51 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).