Join our zoo community
TinoPup

Turtle Back Zoo - spotted hyena

Turtle Back Zoo - spotted hyena
TinoPup, 7 Feb 2020
    • EsserWarrior
      That's an interesting exhibit. I like it a lot.
    • TinoPup
      @EsserWarrior I do, too! It's nearly as large as the lion habitat, which was wonderful to see, since hyenas are so often considered "lesser" carnivores. The hyenas were active throughout the day and I saw them full on running a couple of times. This was my last stop there, just before closing, and this one was finally resting. The other one was still walking around, sniffing and investigating things.
      StoppableSan likes this.
    • DelacoursLangur
      @EsserWarrior Really, I see a bunch of black plastic on the fencing, ugly fake "temple" pillars, and a lack of signifigant topography foliage and hiding spots... To each their own I guess, I agree that it is a nice size though.
      Shirokuma and nczoofan like this.
    • TinoPup
      @DelacoursLangur The black plastic isn't on the hyena fencing, it's on the outer perimeter fencing behind the hyenas (if you look to the right side of the image, you can see the space in between).
      There are hiding spots, this is just the middle of the exhibit.
      The pillars honestly don't look fake at all! I really liked them. I'm usually a pretty harsh judge of human-related things in animal exhibits, but they add a nice touch to the center. They reminded me of the capitol columns at the National Arboretum.
      StoppableSan likes this.
    • nczoofan
      To me this looks like a suburban NJ backyard with hyenas in it. Considering this entire site was forested earlier, they should have just saved some trees and had a much better looking exhibit.
    • EsserWarrior
      I like the temple look. You don't constantly see hyenas with pillars in their enclosure.
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @nczoofan I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then, because I don't know any backyard that looks remotely like this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Turtle Back Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    TinoPup
    Date:
    7 Feb 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    2268px
    Aperture:
    f/1.7
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G955U
    Date / Time:
    2020:02:04 14:41:06
    Exposure Time:
    1/318 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    4.25 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).