Join our zoo community
Goura

Velvet scoter signage

Velvet scoter signage
Goura, 12 Jun 2019
Daniel Sörensen likes this.
    • Daniel Sörensen
      Oh, interesting, where are these located now? Are they back in the coastal birds aviary by the predator birds/cassowaries? They have been kept behind the scenes for some years it seems like.
    • Goura
      I must admit this photo was taken in 2016 so I have no idea if they're still on display or even in the collection now - according to zootierliste they're not
    • Daniel Sörensen
      @Goura Haha that makes sense! Thank you for clearing that up, I would have been looking for them :D:D
      Goura likes this.
    • Goura
      @Daniel Sörensen Lucky you! I'd dearly love to visit Walsrode again, but it's unlikely to happen until next year. All the same, I'm going to Jurong next week so should get a couple of visits in whilst I'm there.
    • TeaLovingDave
      I'm pretty sure that when Walsrode still had the scoters, they kept hybrids between true White-winged (deglandi) and true Velvet (fusca), and possibly a few pure animals of each - the birds I saw in 2017, and those visible in the gallery from previous years, exhibited features of both species.

Moreover, the image on this sign depicts deglandi ;)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Weltvogelpark Walsrode
    Uploaded By:
    Goura
    Date:
    12 Jun 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2560px
    Height:
    1920px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    E-3
    Date / Time:
    2016:07:26 21:27:49
    Exposure Time:
    1/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 320
    Focal Length:
    76 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).