Hix

View from Guadalcanal towards Malaita

April 2011

View from Guadalcanal towards Malaita
Hix, 10 Jun 2011
    • Hix
      April 2011
    • Sarus Crane
      @Hix I wanna visit the Solomons so badly some day!!! How hot and humid was it when you visited? Any travel advice?
    • Hix
      @Sarus Crane : It was about 30ÂșC - which I can cope with, being from Australia - but the humidity was extremely high which was very uncomfortable. You walk out of your air conditioned room and it hits you and you start sweating immediately, and after five minutes you feel grotty and want to have another shower!

The ocean looks really tempting but the large crocodile resident nearby meant going for a dip was out of the question.

Advice? Be careful, it can be violent. If you can go with a tour group it would be much safer, and I believe outside of Honiara is much safer. Having said that, I was there ten years ago, and only for a few days, so I would get more up to date information before going.

:p
      Hix
      Sarus Crane likes this.
    • Sarus Crane
      @Hix Violent? I'd want to go to visit Choiseul and Malaita. What's the most ideal time to visit? I'd be trekking in the wilderness areas away from the cities looking for birds.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Solomon Islands - Other
    Uploaded By:
    Hix
    Date:
    10 Jun 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    132.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    683px
    Height:
    1024px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).