Join our zoo community
fkalltheway

Water's Edge - Sand Tiger Sharks

I just wish that they did something to the walls in this exhibit to make them look less like, well...walls!

Water's Edge - Sand Tiger Sharks
fkalltheway, 18 Jul 2010
    • fkalltheway
      I just wish that they did something to the walls in this exhibit to make them look less like, well...walls!
    • sealion
      Weird exhibit! I'm guessing this didn't start it's life as a shark tank!
    • gerenuk
      Its supposed to be a walrus exhibit
    • deanmo19
      Yeah, it certainly was. I sure hope they will remake the walls and the polalr bear and sea otter exhibits soon.
    • sealion
      Oh right, it just looks so odd!
    • Ituri
      Does anyone know if the Pittsburgh Zoo still harbors hopes of acquiring walruses for this exhibit? I have always been perplexed that an exhibit built for a large pinniped in an arctic setting would be occupied by a tropical shark species. Any idea why they didn't throw California sea-lions, harbor seals, or gray seals in here?
    • jusko88
      I've been bugging the zoo about this topic for a couple of months now. They told me that bringing in walruses would be unlikely. They were depending on the U.S. fish and wildlife service to obtain them bout never did :( Im so mad as it would be the only exhibit in the world where you can see the walrus swim above you.
    • team tapir
      It has been a long time since I have seen a walrus in a zoo, as a kid I recall seeing them at Sea World of Ohio and at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago.

Marty of Team Tapir
    • jusko88
      The docent said that the walrus they were suppost get was from Indianapolis zoo and he ended up died a couple weeks before his arrival.
    • pachyderm pro
      This exhibit will soon be home to Coolio, Americans only elephant seal.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    fkalltheway
    Date:
    18 Jul 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    262.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1024px
    Height:
    768px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).