4ways NAP

White Rhino

lake nakuru

White Rhino
4ways NAP, 9 Apr 2012
    • 4ways NAP
      lake nakuru
    • Javan Rhino
      I was under the impression that wild white rhino weren't present in Kenya, except the four individual Northern white rhinos that were released from Dvur a year or two back?

Unless one was pregnant when it left Czech Rep then there is one to many for them to the the northerns - whether they've bred or not these all seem to big for any of them to be potential offspring of the northerns. Plus, they don't have the characteristic hairy ears of the northerns so far as I can see :confused:
    • 4ways NAP
      Lake Nakuru National Park around 70 white rhinos + more than 25 black rhinoceros
    • Javan Rhino
      Ahh kk :) I always thought that Kenya was too far north-east from the natural range.

Interesting to learn that they're wild in Kenya - great photos :)
    • jbnbsn99
      Southern Whites have been introduced into Kenya and they have a strong population there.
    • Javan Rhino
      Ahhh kk :) - I knew they weren't naturally indiginous :p
    • zooboyabroad
      Have white rhinos always lived in Kenya or has their species been introduced there? I've heard of them being introduced into many of the parks and reserves but have there always been white rhinos in Kenya?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Kenya - Wildlife
    Uploaded By:
    4ways NAP
    Date:
    9 Apr 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    338.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S8000fd
    Date / Time:
    2009:07:22 14:23:51
    Exposure Time:
    10/1200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 64
    Focal Length:
    20.6 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).