Join our zoo community
Astrobird

White Rhino

White Rhino
Astrobird, 22 Apr 2013
JigerofLemuria likes this.
    • Jabiru96
      If I remember correctly, this rhino (1.0) had a sister who died in the great rhino epidemic at Dubbo? Does that make him genetically valuable in Australia now and if so will he stay in Australia?
    • Astrobird
      I thought I remembered reading that he came from Hawaii?... I will try to find where I read that.:confused:
    • crocodile_dan
      This guy is named Nikeli (spelling?) from my visit, if that helps
    • Chlidonias
      Nikeli was bred at San Diego Zoo. He has two half-sisters (Mapenzi and Utani) who went to Orana Park (in NZ) from San Diego.

So his genes are represented indirectly, and also Orana has bred young from his half-sisters (I don't know how many off the top of my head, but I know Ibutho was bred from Utani and Orana's male Cyrano in 1999, and he later went to Monarto).
    • Kifaru Bwana
      He was exported in May 2013 to Indonesia's Taman Safari along with a large exotic animal continent from the defunct Cairns Wildlife Safari Reserve.

BTW: His studbook name was Nakili.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cairns Wildlife Safari Reserve
    Uploaded By:
    Astrobird
    Date:
    22 Apr 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    177.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).