Join our zoo community
redpanda

White Tiger

A white tiger in the Mirage, a hotel in Las Vegas.

White Tiger
redpanda, 29 Nov 2008
    • redpanda
      A white tiger in the Mirage, a hotel in Las Vegas.
    • Dan
      Oh God....... might this be the one of the "glass tanks" in Vegas that snowleopard wrote about somewhere?

"White Tigers at a hotel in Las Vegas"...what can you say...
    • James27
      Let me guess... "Critically endangered species, needs conservation, extinct in the wild...."
      Argh!
    • Ituri
      That's the spiel exactly. Oh Siegfried and Roy...
    • redpanda
      It was indeed pretty awful. The area was tiny, no natural substrate, all inside, hundreds of screaming tourists, a really shallow pool with :confused:fountains:confused: and yes this is a critically endangered species. The MGM Grand lion habitat is so much better and the lions are only there a small percentage of the time.
    • snowleopard
      Redpanda summarized my feelings towards the big cats in Las Vegas, and I personally feel as if the lion habitat is almost as bad as the aquarium tanks with the tigers. Mountains of cement everywhere, people elbowing others out of the way whenever a cat strolls by in boredom, and the entire site is disturbing for any animal lover. The lions can be seen from beneath them, and their enclosure is marginally better than the one for the tigers, but overall the entire experience left a bad taste in my mouth.
    • geomorph
      This habitat has been demolished.
    • Meaghan Edwards
      Thank goodness.
    • Fossa dude
      If only they demolish the ZOO!!!!! You can see the photos I'm talking about on US other in the gallery. ;)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat
    Uploaded By:
    redpanda
    Date:
    29 Nov 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    146.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1198px
    Aperture:
    f/4.8
    Make:
    EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
    Model:
    KODAK DX4530 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
    Date / Time:
    2004:08:12 21:12:01
    Exposure Time:
    1/350 sec
    Focal Length:
    24 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).