Join our zoo community
Arizona Docent

white tigers

Two of the six tigers that are on exhibit together (two orange and four white). They were confiscated at the nearby border crossing as cubs and given to the zoo "temporarily" until the court hearing. When the owner lost the court hearing, the zoo took permanent possession.

white tigers
Arizona Docent, 12 Mar 2011
    • Arizona Docent
      Two of the six tigers that are on exhibit together (two orange and four white). They were confiscated at the nearby border crossing as cubs and given to the zoo "temporarily" until the court hearing. When the owner lost the court hearing, the zoo took permanent possession.
    • Baldur
      I have long since lost the fascination I had when I was younger with White Tigers but it was interesting to see so many together. They had three whites and one normal colour out when I was there; as you say, they have an additional one orange Bengal and then I think a pair of Sumatrans which take turns in the exhibit.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Gladys Porter Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    12 Mar 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    57.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    432px
    Height:
    288px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Date / Time:
    2011:03:01 08:34:07
    Exposure Time:
    1/100 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    100 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).