Join our zoo community
vogelcommando

Woolly monkey

Nov. 17 2019

Woolly monkey
    • snowleopard
      This is a terrific photo of a species that is basically extinct in American zoos. Other than perhaps a couple of monkeys behind the scenes at Louisville Zoo, I don't believe that there are any Woolly Monkeys in the USA. A great pity!
    • vogelcommando
      Thanks snowleopard ! Also in Europe the species is now very rare. ZTL only mention 8 collections which currently keep the species ( not mentioned is GaiaZoo - Kerkrade - the Netherlands ) where I saw the species earlier this year ).
      You could have seen it on your Europe-tour at both GaiaZoo and Apenheul ( did you ? ).
    • snowleopard
      @vogelcommando I definitely saw a couple of Woolly Monkeys at GaiaZoo in Kerkrade (a real highlight of that excellent zoo), but I did not see any at Apenheul as the exhibit was closed for construction of a new area.
    • vogelcommando
      @snowleopard : I had the same "problem" at the end of October when I visited Apenheul. The area was still under construction and therefor no Woolly monkeys there this time for me and also no Red-backed bearded saki's which would have been a LIFER for me. Luckily I saw them a little of a month later at Paris Zoological Gardens :).
      snowleopard likes this.
    • EmperorTamarin
      @vogelcommando GaiaZOO does not keep woolly monkeys anymore, one died and the remaining one was transferred to another zoo.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Paris Zoological Park
    Uploaded By:
    vogelcommando
    Date:
    9 Dec 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3649px
    Height:
    3009px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 2000D
    Date / Time:
    2000:01:01 00:00:02
    Exposure Time:
    1/30 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 3200
    Focal Length:
    46 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).