Join our zoo community
Bele

Yacare caiman

Yacare caiman
Bele, 30 Mar 2011
    • Bele
      Yacare caiman
    • KCZooFan
      Im probably going to fail, bu this looks like some kind of caiman.

EDIT: THey have specatacled, broad-nosed an yacare caimans, but I cannot tell the difference.
    • aim_foliksta
      Yacare Caiman (Caiman yacare).
    • Bele
      Thanks for identifying the crocs. aim.foliksta . The crocodilian collection in the Terrarium at Barcelona was superb , both in terms of species and how they were displayed . I saw on the board that Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman were bred last year , have many other species been bred ?
    • aim_foliksta
      The caiman babies are on display at the nursery (just where you saw the board that announces the species that breed). I saw babies of dwarf crocodiles and last year of siamese crocodile (I think that now are some eggs of siamese crocodile on the incubators, in the nursery also).

The crocodile collection was bigger before, with american alligators, a Nile crocodile and a Cuban crocodile (this is currently at the zoo, but not on display). Some years ago they also had a false gharial (now at Bioparc Fuengirola). I'm a big crocodile fan, and I enjoy a lot all the species that are on the terrarium.

I love the terrarium, but according the "masterplan" this building will disapear and all the reptiles will be redistributed in small terrariums along all the zoo. In my oppinion a very BIG mistake.
    • carlos77
      Why do that, for many informed visitors the terrarium is the best part of the Barcelona Zoo. I hope reason will prevail and it will not be dismantled.
    • JigerofLemuria
      Plans have changed: I don't think it'll be dismantled any time soon.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Barcelona
    Uploaded By:
    Bele
    Date:
    30 Mar 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    336.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ3
    Date / Time:
    2011:03:19 21:51:04
    Exposure Time:
    10/150 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    4.6 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).