Join our zoo community
MKE Zoo guy

Zoo map 2019

What the map will look like this summer

Zoo map 2019
    • birdsandbats
      Note the Red River Hogs are in the middle of the hippo construction.
    • MKE Zoo guy
      @birdsandbats also the zebras are in the Africa waterhole exhibit too
    • birdsandbats
    • pachyderm pro
      It looks like the hippo construction will cannibalize the current hippo, red river hog, and bongo/duiker yards. Though it is a bit strange the hogs are still listed on the map despite the construction.

@birdsandbats yes, but they are scheduled to be moved to the new Impala Plains exhibit. Perhaps the two new zebras coming in soon will go there, and the current animals will stay at the waterhole.
    • birdsandbats
      @pachyderm pro Is it possible the hogs could be moved to the forest yard?
    • birdsandbats
      Also, any word on if the Conservation Outpost contains live animal exhibits?
    • pachyderm pro
      @birdsandbats Considering that it's already pretty crowded with three species, all relatively skittish, and hogs are detrimental to vegetation, I highly doubt it.

The conservation outpost will not contain any live animal exhibits, just educational and interactive displays.
    • Andrew Swales
      Why has this map not been removed to the members only maps and guide-books section?
    • birdsandbats
    • MKE Zoo guy
      @pachyderm pro According to the diagram map of the purposed structure it looks like the construction will take up the former hippos and bongo exhibit. The former hippo area becoming the walking path and the former bongo exhibit becoming the new hippo exhibit. So I’m assuming that the former elephant and red river hog will become the new rhino exhibit when they start construction. If I were to guess I am assuming that pathway from the bongos towards the elephants will be used for construction. So maybe the red river hogs will not be displayed at all, or maybe they will somewhere else.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Milwaukee County Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    MKE Zoo guy
    Date:
    10 Apr 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    611.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1242px
    Height:
    2140px
    Date / Time:
    2019:04:10 17:11:44

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).