Join our zoo community
Ggrarl

Zoo Map

They finally changed it

Zoo Map
Ggrarl, 21 Apr 2018
    • snowleopard
      Having a sign that says "ranked one of the Top 5 zoos in the country" might be great advertising but considering that Fort Worth is only the 3rd best zoo in its own state it is fair to say that the sign is pure hyperbole. It is great to see the new African Savanna open to the public, with Elephant Springs now two years away from completion.

Texas Wild! now looks even more remote at the far end of the zoo, although adding a "Petting Ranch" in 2019 is an interesting idea.
    • Ggrarl
      @snowleopard I was going to mention the "petting ranch"...and the fact that there are a few animals you can only see from the train.
    • Tatsuslava
    • snowleopard
      @Tatsuslava I have been through Texas on a few occasions and in 2015 I spent time visiting almost every zoo and aquarium in the state. (Check out 'Snowleopard's 2015 Road Trip' if you wish to read the reviews). Ranking zoos is always going to be subjective, but I've toured 45 of the 50 or so 'zoos' in Texas and I feel that Dallas is the clear #1, Houston is the rapidly improving #2 and Fort Worth is #3. I live in Canada but I've still visited all of those zoos twice each in the past decade.
      Tatsuslava likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Fort Worth Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Ggrarl
    Date:
    21 Apr 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2560px
    Height:
    1440px
    Aperture:
    f/2.2
    Make:
    SAMSUNG
    Model:
    SM-J320P
    Date / Time:
    2018:04:20 14:40:32
    Exposure Time:
    1/1111 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    3.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).