Join our zoo community

Dudley Zoological Gardens £200k Dudley Zoo revamp

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by kiang, 27 Dec 2015.

Tags:
  1. Benosaurus

Benosaurus Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Flamingo Falls and Macaques on the Bank were officially opened today.
    Flamingos and macaques move in! | Dudley Zoological Gardens

Whilst me and others have criticised that funds could have been better spent elsewhere, and questioned some of the logic behind the plans, there is no denying that these are yet more improvements for Dudley Zoo. Improving/smartening up enclosures, especially ones near the new entrance, and diversifying the way animal enclosures are viewed will no doubt improve the visitor experience and ultimately the zoo's growing reputation. Also, it's important to realise that improvements to the zoo won't stop here. I'm confident that more pressing issues, big and small, in other parts of the zoo will be addressed in time.

There have been recent murmurs of plans to extend the snow leopard enclosure as well as bringing in some exciting new species. I believe that the giraffes, tigers, orangs etc. will all get drastically better enclosures within the next 10 years.

Focus will now turn to Lorikeet Lookout, which is set to open in May.

2. Benosaurus

3. Benosaurus

They have arrived :(
    Lorikeets land! | Dudley Zoological Gardens

I wonder if they'll be joined by other animals native to Australia, to go in the smaller side exhibits in there, or maybe that's just wishful thinking.