Join our zoo community

a wild life trip to Monoglia

Discussion in 'Mongolia' started by carl the birder, 30 Nov 2019.

1. carl the birder

carl the birder Well-Known Member

during the 28 september to 13 of oktober i went to Mongolia for wildlife watching. during the trip i had 5 target animials but i was happy withe every thing. The targets was snowleopard, mongolian saiga, black billed capercaillie , henderson ground jay and goitered gazeel. i was a orgenise trip withe the swedish avifauna. there was 4 main reason for this one is that i have newer birderd in this part of the world, it is more fun to bird withe more the one, it is hard to orgenise to this area of the world by myself, and most inmprtent my parents wood newer alow me to go to mongolia by my self.
    books i use was the new helms bird of mongolia and mammals of mongolia which was hard to find so i goot it wen i was in mongolia. one thing to noot i was the youngest one on the trip by far the other ons was in ther 60s and i am 19.
    28 sep
    fly to Moscow.
    i left around 1 pm to fly two houer to Moscow. One the why i met gunnar and lena two who wher going on the same trip. in moscow we did som birging form the airport. we saw four speicis including common kestrel. the we meet who was going to jon us for the firs part of the trip.
    Hg- trip leder
    Lars bertil
    Joan
    and Per
    after that we was one the plain to ulan bator

2. carl the birder

i am sory for not uppdating for a while benn bysy withe school
    any way
    29 spetember
    i dident fall a sleep on the plain so i was alredy a bit tierd wen we landed early in the moring. today whe whare going to stay close to ulan bator and go to a area caled tulli river. it was just otside of ullan battor and i was a withe lots of small treas close to the river. this area was great for passerines birds like azur tits and red flanked blutails. senns this was my first time birding in Asia most of the birds wher lisfers. in one area of the river there wher some wild mandarin ducks. A species i have alweys wanted to see in the wilde. ther wher just felmals tho but i was still cool.
    a huge flock of white-cheeked starling lannded in a trea. this was the only time i saw any during my two weaks in Mongolia. whe saw a flock of azur wingd magpie which made hg happy. it was a mongolian lifer for him despite him alredy birded in the contry like 8 times. after having a brefirst we went a bit futher down the river and to a lake withe the name swan lake. this was fals idvertainsing ther was no swans here but ther was some ducks like rubby shellduck. birds of prey dident dispoint we saw a withe taild sea eagle witch is rare for this part of mongolia. plus blacks kite and a upland busards.

after a moring of birding we went for lunch and the only sitshing of the trip. we also pict upp one more meber of the trip Erick. we saw some govermet buldings and most exsating we spoted a humming bird hawk moth feedin on some flowers. we whare all tierd after all not sleaping on the plane. so wee had a soft afternoun on the hotel and a early dinner in a steak house close to the hotel.
    i thinck wee saw aroeund 40 difrent birds the first day but no mammal today those wood come the coming days

Brum likes this.
  3. carl the birder

sory for the bad speling english whriting is not my strongest thing

4. carl the birder

sorry for not posting any thing
    i have a trip reoport it is in swedish but the species list in the end is in english.
    here is a link if you are intrested
    AviFauna

Shirokuma and Chlidonias like this.