Join our zoo community

America's Animal Hoarder :- TV Show

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by Brum, 10 Aug 2012.

1. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Just wondered if anyone from the UK saw this programme last night?
    I missed the first 30 minutes (bloody olympics) and my on demand service isn't working at the minute so I can't access it.
    From what I saw it paints a terrifying picture of what happens when someone with mental health issues loses the plot and decides "to hell with the consequences!"
    On a far worse note, the sherriffs department seemed to enjoy (maybe not quite the right word) shooting the animals. One officers interview was even conducted in front of a hunting trophy, quite weird given the subject of the show! :eek:
    I can understand why they were left open to criticism given the way they handled the crisis but I can also see why they chose that course of action. Owing to Zoo chat I was already aware of the case but my girlfriend was absolutely horrified by the actions of the owner and police, I too was a bit put off by it and I knew what was coming!
    I look forward to hearing your opinions on this and hopefully someone will be able to fill me in on what I missed.

2. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

was this about that private zoo owner in America who let all his animals out, which then had to be shot by the police?

3. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member 10+ year member

That's the guy! It was covered on here and I was quite shocked to find no-one else had mentioned the documentary.
    I don't know if overseas viewers will be able to view it though? :confused:

Last edited: 11 Aug 2012
  4. jbnbsn99

jbnbsn99 Well-Known Member

America, land of the glorified idiot. Where is the intellectual honored? Can I move there?

5. nanoboy

nanoboy Well-Known Member

Boston seems to be pretty academic-oriented.

6. jbnbsn99

jbnbsn99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but then you have to deal with Red Sox fans, and no one wants that.

7. nanoboy

nanoboy Well-Known Member

Yes, too true. I missed my amphibious "duck tour" because I was stuck in traffic caused by a Red Sox game.