Join our zoo community

Aquariums In Paris

Discussion in 'France' started by Tarsius, 20 Dec 2010.

1. Tarsius

Tarsius Well-Known Member

I belive, there are several aquariums in paris, except Sealife. Does anybody know the names of these aquariums and where they are loctated ? How big there are, and which of them are worth to visit them ?

2. alexpe8

alexpe8 Active Member 15+ year member

There are other aquariums in Paris:

Cinéaqua (Aquarium du Trocadéro): Re-opened in 2006, he was very well done and shark's pool is very impressive. Additionally there is a beautiful collction of marine fishs. It is located near the Eiffel Tower in the garden of the Trocadero. (Metro Trocadero).

Aquarium de la Porte Dorée : It is older but has lots of charm. Its collection is mainly oriented on freshwater with many very uncommon species. Also note that there is a large pit with alligators. It is not far of the Zoo de Vincennes (Closed). (Metro Porte Dorée).

Both can be combined in one day.

3. Tarsius

Tarsius Well-Known Member

I've been to both aquqriums this week. Cineaqua was a big surprise to me, much better than I thought, and not a compare to commer cial sealife.

The tanks are excellent and in top condition, the animal inventory very impressive; especially coral fishes collection. The presentation of the tanks and animals; the interactice signs at the tanks are much better than at the Georgia Auarium; which becomes more and more a mainly entertainment aqurium.

I recommne dto all people interested in aquqriums to visit cineaqua, if they are in Paris. The entree fee is with 20 Euro very high, but paris is an expensive city.

Aquarium Porte Doree is really old, but the animal inventory is also very good.Some tanks are to small for the animals in them and the signs at the tanks are a desaster, but nvertheless, its an historical aquarium and worth to visit it, entree fee is with 6,50 much cheaper.