Join our zoo community

Best Animal Exhibits For Animals In The UK

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by MagpieGoose, 23 May 2015.

1. Macaw16

Macaw16 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I think Flamingo Lands newest Meerkat exhibit is quite nice, but I'd think the would be better. I think Yorkshire Wildlife Park's Lemur Wood is very good, tall mature trees which they get to climb without restraints. The Red Panda enclosure at Flamingo Land is also very good; it may seem like I keep on saying Flamingo Land, because most of its new exhibits are very good, the trouble is some of their older enclosures aren't as good like the Sea Lions.

2. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I certainly think Marwell's Giraffe building is very good- easily Marwell's best building and best Giraffe House in the UK.

For Primates, I think Howlett's Lion-tailed Macaque and Javan Langur enclosures are very good, as is the similar Colobus/De Brazza one at Port Lympne. Unfortunately they are so good they do contrast rather with some of the other old wood and wire Primate enclosures still in use there.

3. Zoovolunteer

Zoovolunteer Well-Known Member 15+ year member

For wolves the exhibit at Wildplace at Bristol is hard to beat - the enclosure is sufficiently complex that it is a real thrill when they suddenly emerge into view