Join our zoo community

Best native zoo exhibit

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by TheEthiopianWolf03, 21 May 2020.

1. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Ahaha I love this, yea, this is about species native to the area the zoo is in, not sure how you did it again :p ;)

Jungle Man and amur leopard like this.
  2. Fallax

Fallax Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Do you understand the concept of this thread? This is the second time you made this mistake even though you were already corrected. This thread is for zoo exhibits which display animals that are native to the region that zoo is in. None of those animals from the Lost Forest are found in California so it does not count as a native zoo exhibit.

3. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The zoo plans to have an exhibit for them when they open the California area. In the meantime there is Hope the California Condor that makes rare appearances during the bird show.

4. Crotalus

Crotalus Well-Known Member

Oregon Zoo as I recall has a nice selection of Pacific Northwest fauna. It doesn't have the largest selection of species per say, but it generally has nice exhibits. Its black bear, mountain goat, stream and pond section, eagle, condor, and cougar exhibits are all very nicely done, and the masterplan seems to even improve upon these. Northwest Trek is of course a major contender as well, though because it is entirely based on Northwest fauna and doesn't have a specific section for native animals, I'm not sure if it qualifies for this thread.

5. amur leopard

amur leopard Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Oh, I don't doubt a lot of the visitors are from California :p

evilmonkey239 likes this.
  6. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

@Matthew Guimac welcome to Zoochat.
    PLEASE read carefully before you reply to a post. Glad you are here. Now slow down ;-)

evilmonkey239, NSU42 and savetherhino like this.