Join our zoo community

Best zoo design sites

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by tigris115, 30 Dec 2019.

1. tigris115

tigris115 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

So I want to get back into Planet Zoo but I'm not feeling any inspiration or creative gusto within me. I'd like to look through design firms for zoos to get some juices flowing.

2. DesertRhino150

DesertRhino150 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

ZooLex should probably be the first port of call, with lots of enclosures for many different species in the gallery:
    ZooLex Gallery

There's the relatively recent Lionhouse group, who have designed exhibits for several European zoos:
    Our projects - lionhouse

TVK Zoo Design has worked mostly with Gaiazoo in the Netherlands, but has also made exhibits elsewhere in Europe:
    Snow leopard exhibit | Wilhelma Stuttgart

While a lot of the designs are for aquaria and animatronic displays, David Lazenby Design has a few actual zoo exhibits:
    https://www.davidlazenbydesign.com/

CLR Designs is one of the more famous design groups for zoos mostly in America but some overseas as well:
    Projects - CLR Design

PGAV Destinations are another American zoo design firm responsible for some of the bigger new exhibits there:
    Our Work | Zoo and Aquarium Design | PGAV Destinations

Wild Design has only done a few exhibits, but they seem for the most part to be of very high quality:
    wild-design

Hopefully these are the sorts of sites you are looking for - hope they are useful.

snowleopard, HungarianBison and tk17 like this.
  3. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

Or, another approach, do a search (Google or whatever) for "zoo master plan" images and see where that takes you. Could spark your creativity.

HungarianBison likes this.
  4. tigris115

tigris115 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Apologies for necromancing this thread but would any of you happen to have any blueprints for indoor sections and barns? I feel that mine come off as quite simple. When I try googling this, all the images are of such small size that, when zoomed in to read, I cannot decipher the lines as it's all pixels.

5. CarolClark

CarolClark New Member

ZooLex Gallery is good!

HungarianBison likes this.