Join our zoo community

Bristol Zoo (Closed) Black spider monkey

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Coconut, 16 Mar 2015.

1. Coconut

Coconut New Member

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with some information I need for a uni report- what are the approx. dimensions of the brown spider monkey enclosure at Bristol zoo? Doesn't need to be an exact measurement just a very good estimate would be fine. I have some of my own written down from when I visited but I have very little faith in my own ahaha :). Thank you XxX

Last edited: 17 Mar 2015
  2. Ned

Ned Well-Known Member 10+ year member

For some reason it stuck in my head that a London routemaster bus was 30' long, 8' wide and 15' high, I use these dimensions to mentally measure things. Using the routemaster measuring system I'd say the outdoor enclosure is between 15 -20' across the front, about the same deep and about 15' high. The indoor area is a little smaller but does go over the public area which you can't see. However I'd say the indoor and outdoor areas combined would be two routemasters together, i.e. 30' x 15' - 20' x 15' high. Now you just need to convert measurements into metric.
    I'd like to know the actual measurements to see how accurate I am.

Last edited: 16 Mar 2015
  3. pipaluk

pipaluk Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I was at Bristol last month and I'm sure they didn't have any black spider monkey?!

4. Coconut

Coconut New Member

Thank you, you're a star :D My current attempts seem pretty hopeless so I might give your routemaster technique a try :).

Thank you XxX

5. Coconut

Coconut New Member

Sorry that should of said Brown spider monkey not black, simultaneously doing a report on gibbons so got myself mixed up.