Join our zoo community

Book Talk - National Zoo history

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by Kara Arundel, 16 Aug 2018.

1. Kara Arundel

Kara Arundel New Member

I would like to invite all those folks in the Washington, D.C. area to a book talk, Sunday, Aug. 26, 2018 at 4 p.m. at Nanny O'Brien's Irish Pub. I am Kara Arundel, author of Raising America's Zoo: How Two Wild Gorillas Helped Transform the National Zoo. This story shares the heartbreak and triumphs of the National Zoo's first family of gorillas and their caregivers as the zoo transitioned from an antiquated animal park to an internationally-respected animal conservation center. I will also highlight how the Cleveland Park neighborhood and the Washington, D.C. community contributed to the modernization the zoo in the last half of the 20th century.
    Free event. No registration required. Families are welcome.
    Nanny O’Brien’s is located just blocks from the National Zoo at 3319 Connecticut Ave., NW, Washington, D.C. It is one block south of the Cleveland Park Metro and across the street from the Uptown Theater.
    To learn more, visit my web page at RaisingAmericasZoo.com. Thank you so much.

snowleopard and TinoPup like this.