Join our zoo community

Bruemmer Park Zoo Bruemmer Park Zoo

Discussion in 'United States' started by Wild wolverine, 30 Aug 2014.

1. Wild wolverine

Wild wolverine Well-Known Member 10+ year member

This is a very, very small zoo in Kewaunee, Wisconsin that is very little known. I've visited it twice now, and both times have been quick but nice. They have a long - term construction/renovation plan to renovate and u[date exhibits and bring back the black bears! The last bear died in September 2012, and his exhibit no longer exists. Their next project is scheduled to start this fall, when they will expand the goat exhibit. :)

2. Wild wolverine

3. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

Thanks for the information, but I cannot believe that I skipped this tiny zoo on my 20 day/65 zoo road trip.:) I toured probably a dozen zoos in Wisconsin but not this little one!

4. Wild wolverine

You're welcome. And I must add, great photos of your trip so far! I haven't even seen all of them yet, I'm only on the zoos from day 4 :)

5. Wild wolverine

This year's Zoobilee Celebration went great! All money raised at the event goes towards renovating and building brand new animal exhibits, as well as animal care. The zoo hopes to have the new sheep and goat enclosure completed by the end of September and then will continue working towards reconstruction of each of the others. :D

6. Wild wolverine

The goat and sheep exhibit fence replacement and expansion has been completed! It's the first of 4 exhibits that a similar renovation will happen too.

7. Wild wolverine

Renovated Sheep/Goat Exhibit: A new .jpg

The goats and sheep have more climbing room now, and the fence in front of the exhibit was replaced with the new, much nicer one.

8. Wild wolverine

The zoo has been fundraising to renovated the Arctic Fox Exhibit. About $35,000 needs to be raised, but as of February 2015, only $7,500 has been raised. I believe that with the amount of fundraising that this little zoo needs to do (and it DOES fundraise a lot!) they should be able to reach the goal of $35,000 by 2016.

9. Wild wolverine

Great news for the Arctic Fox exhibit renovations, about $3,500 was raised for the exhibit renovations during a fund-raising event on March 1. :)

10. Wild wolverine

As of mid-April 2015, the Arctic Fox Exhibit renovation fund raised $27,500 of its goal of reaching $35,000! :D The plan is to have the construction completed by the end of August 2015. That's MUCH sooner than I thought they'd be able to do the renovations!

11. Wild wolverine

Plans for Zoobilee 2015 are beginning to fall into place. (Zoobilee is an annual fundraiser for the zoo held in Bruemmer Park.) On August 29, this year's Zoobilee, there will be a 5K run/walk, car show, craft show, bounce houses, mini golf, free kids teddy bear run, and much more!

12. Wild wolverine

Renovations to a former empty exhibit have begun. Soon this exhibit will hold the zoo's pheasants, and the current pheasant exhibit will be space added to the arctic fox exhibit when that one is renovated in the coming weeks.
    The Bruemmer Park Zoo is really improving and expanding more and more as time goes on.

13. Wild wolverine

Wisconsin Building Supply donated the lumber to build the new pheasant perches in the renovated exhibit that will soon hold pheasants. The zoo hopes to have the pheasants relocated to the new exhibit with some new animals added within the next couple of weeks so that they can enjoy the new structure.
    After this is done, renovation to the old pheasant exhibit and arctic fox exhibit will begin.

14. Wild wolverine

The pheasants were relocated to their new exhibit this morning with some new animals as well. Although I am not sure what these new animals are yet, I assume they are more pheasants. The old pheasant exhibit will be added to the arctic fox exhibit when it is renovated in the near future. No update on the arctic fox fundraiser though.

15. Wild wolverine

The zoo has been closed the past few days because the arctic foxes are getting a new exhibit. The pheasants were relocated to an exhibit which had been empty for some time, which allowed the zoo to create a larger exhibit for the arctic foxes. The new fencing has been completed and the foxes should be enjoying their new home this weekend!

16. Wild wolverine

Sadly, the zoo's female arctic fox, Jewel, passed away yesterday afternoon after battling cancer. :(

17. Wild wolverine

All of the work completed at the zoo in the past couple years include demolition of the old bear pen, new fencing for the sheep/goat exhibit and arctic foxes, landscaping, benches, corn feeders, and the new flag have been funded by the Zoological Society through donations. The next project involves a new, larger exhibit for the bobcats including a seperate feeding area. I'm not sure if the proposed feeding area is for guests to feed the bobcats or for the keepers. I would assume its for the zookeepers though.

18. Wild wolverine

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  19. Wild wolverine

Zoop Art is being held today. Money raised will be going towards renovating and expanding the bobcat exhibit.

20. Wild wolverine

A new female Arctic Fox has arrived.