Join our zoo community

Chimpanzee 2012 Disneynature

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by ZooBabyBlog, 13 May 2013.

1. ZooBabyBlog

ZooBabyBlog Member

I greatly enjoyed watching the 2012 Disneynature movie Chimpanzee. From Wikipedia: Chimpanzee is a 2012 nature documentary film about a young common chimpanzee named Oscar who finds himself alone in the African forests until he is adopted by another chimpanzee who takes him in and raises him like his own child.

However, my absolute favorite part was one of the extras which was included on the disc I rented. It gave an indepth view of how the camera crew managed to get the shots. There's a little clip here of that extra footage.

2. Not_a_Nautilus

Not_a_Nautilus Well-Known Member

I was considering going to see this. I was really impressed when I heard that it was being made by the people who shot the amazing chimpanzee hunting footage in The Trials of Life.

The reviews put me off a bit, though. They all said pretty much the same thing: stunning nature footage, spoiled by corny, anthropomorphising, overly sentimental narration. What did you think of Tim Allen's narration?

I know American studios can be a bit dodgy with this stuff... rewriting the narration for David Attenborough series and having them delivered by celebrities instead of people who are actually knowledgeable about the subject is just criminal!