Join our zoo community

Blue Planet Aquarium Coral Cave in Blue Planet

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by zoospud, 15 Apr 2011.

1. zoospud

zoospud Well-Known Member

Greetings

Would coral survive in a cave ?

Any way...

This 'new' enclosure open last weekend however to my disappointment it is only the former coral tank renamed and with some plastic stuck on the front. For those who have not been it is large circular tank which you can walk around and over. The 'bridge' now has a few glass port holes in the floor. The nearby touch pools remain unchanged.

The species are a colourful mix: yellow box fish, hawaiian black trigger fish, guineafowl puffer, foxface rabbitfish, emperor angelfish, blue spot ray and short bigeye squirrel fish.

This remains an excellent tank however my disappointment was due to the over hyping in the press. That said full credit to the marketing team. The punters were being attracted.

Regards, Paul M.

PS. The tufted ducks continue to thrive - 12 months now.

2. Indlovu

Indlovu Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I agree the attraction is disappointing seeing the amount of publicity it received.

In reference to the Tufted Ducks, I was delighted to see a new system in place: pay £1, and receive half a handful of duck food, then try to chuck it into the tank before it has all slipped between your fingers. Best when watched from the bridge above.