Join our zoo community

COVID-19 Vaccination - Personal experiences

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by TeaLovingDave, 16 Mar 2021.

?

Which vaccine have you had?

1. Pfizer

62.5%
  2. Astra-Zenica

13.5%
  3. Moderna

14.6%
  4. Johnson & Johnson

6.3%
  5. Other

3.1%
  1. amur leopard

amur leopard Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Had my second Pfizer about a week ago and had a much worse reaction than the first one, felt sick for the best part of two days and was more or less bedridden for that time...

2. KevinB

KevinB Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I had my booster with Moderna yesterday (after two shots of Pfizer) and today I feel like lukewarm crap.

My arm is sore, I have a headache as well as aches coming and going in different places, I'm even more tired than usual and I also feel quite cold today. Yeah, this one seems to be kicking my butt a bit, enough so that I even had to call in sick for work (from home) today. I also responded very stressed and worried when the symptoms first appeared, which didn't help.

I hope it will be better soon, until that time I'm just going to rest and take it easy, crawl into bed or perhaps stream some nature documentaries.

Last edited: 11 Jan 2022
  3. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Triple jabbed and no side effects but a small arm. I was worried about the booster as all my friends got very ill from it.

4. MRJ

MRJ Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

I got my booster last Monday, It was Moderna while my first two were AZ. Definitely felt more tired than after the others and arm was sorer for longer. All good now although it took a couple of days.

Cat-Man and TeaLovingDave like this.
  5. Pootle

Pootle Well-Known Member

I'd say that's one hell of a side effect :D

Ned and Benosaurus like this.
  6. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Honestly mate it’s a nightmare!

Pootle likes this.
  7. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Sounds like a nightmare compared to my experience with the booster! :p

8. carl the birder

carl the birder Well-Known Member 5+ year member

got my boster shoott one two days ago Pfizer to my suprice. had a ligth fever yesturday. fela fine today. suprsing my arm is completly fine

9. PossumRoach

PossumRoach Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I got a third shot at around March. The problem was that thay don't have Moderna at Turkey so I had to get another shot (Biontech.)

ThylacineAlive and TeaLovingDave like this.
  10. akasha

akasha Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I just had a look through this thread to see if anyone else had suffered long-term effects from the vaccine but thankfully I seem to be the only one. I got AZ back in September last year. I had the usual aches that people seem to get which lasted about 24 hours. My arm was very sore and I had a rash as wide as my arm around the jab site and considerable swelling for over a week. Once the swelling went down, I began to notice that a dint was forming in my arm, like the tissue was being eaten away underneath my skin. It continued to be painful, I would have sudden, severe bursts of pain that felt like a bull ant bite. The pain gradually dulled, but eight months later I still get some pain in it most days. The hole in my arm is still there, and my arm feels like it’s ‘crawling’ some days, I don’t know how else to describe it.

When I went back for my second jab 12 weeks after the first, the jab site was still discoloured, it looked like a bruise. The nurse said the discolouration was common enough, but she hadn’t seen the big dent before. I asked if I could have the second jab in my thigh, (a bit more meat there to sacrifice), and she said she didn’t know if I should even have another jab so she called the doctor. The doctor decided I should go ahead and have the jab in my hip, so I did. I had absolutely no side effects from the second AZ jab.

For a few months after my first jab, I found myself favouring my unjabbed arm, (I stupidly got the first jab in my dominant arm), and I tend to drop things more now. My jabbed arm fatigues really fast now as well.

I have had heaps of other vaccines, tetanus, hepatitis, whooping cough, typhoid etc. and never had an adverse reaction to any of them.

11. HungarianBison

HungarianBison Well-Known Member

Sorry for this, hope you'll get better soon. Did you report this side effect to the authorities (ministry of health or wherever it is possible)?

12. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

A moment on Google suggests there have been rare incidences of this sort. Please seek medical help so it doesn't get worse.

akasha, Cat-Man, PossumRoach and 2 others like this.
  13. akasha

Thanks. I just told that nurse. She may have reported it to a higher authority.
    My mum had the same reaction to a lesser extent. We both have wacky immune systems to begin with, so the reaction wasn’t a complete surprise, I guess.

14. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I would still suggest seeking medical attention as a precaution.

~Thylo

MRJ and akasha like this.
  15. akasha

I already did when I got my second jab, but there are no answers with such a rushed vaccine roll out. It’s just the price a few of us will pay for the greater good of the many. I’m okay with it, I could have opted not to get the jab if I didn’t want to risk a reaction. I guess I just posted this here as an alternate pov about the consequences of getting vaccinated. I’m due for my third shot now, so I’ll talk to the doctor about it again, and see if she has any fresh ideas/info about it.

ThylacineAlive likes this.
  16. HungarianBison

HungarianBison Well-Known Member

Just got my first Pfizer, I joined the party a bit late :D
    Hoping for no side effects.

TinoPup likes this.