Join our zoo community

Crikey! It's 'The Khaki Warrior'

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thekhakiwarrior, 9 Mar 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thekhakiwarrior

thekhakiwarrior Member

What can I say, due to recent events I am basically free for the taking. Any zoo's or animal institutions want to offer a hand (looking especially at Darling Downs Zoo or Cairns Zoo) are very welcome to have me.

I am...gee...this is sounding like a job application isn't it...

Imagine a certain Steve...just half the age and you pretty much have me in one. Except I am not the fondest of the scalies, they are fine, I'm happy to deal with them but my absolute all out passion lies with the big cats, especially the tigers.

Some of my talent's are basically an ungodly ability to drive, a very very good knack with animals, absolutely love them and they seem to pick up on it. Excellent computer skills, anything that needs repairing basically, I can do it. Plus I absolutely love to act and entertain people.

Anything else you want to know about me, just ask me a question, let me know what you want to find out about me and I'll be happy to reply!

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Welcome to ZooBeat ... you'll have to forgive some of our members - we have had problems in the past with people impersonating staff at Australia Zoo - so your username makes you an obvious target.

You might want to be careful that you aren't seen to be trying to ride on the popularity or celebrity of Steve Irwin! Just a suggestion!!

3. thekhakiwarrior

thekhakiwarrior Member

Nah mate, I'm extremely happy to say I am in no way associated with Australia Zoo. I have been in the past an extremely regular visitor...but not anymore. I've decided to grab my dream with both hands and well, move to FNQ (far north Queensland).

I will readily admit I have been riding on his popularity, but at the same time, trying to develop my own image seperate to Steve. I believe I have the starpower and the charisma to pull it off. Though, to show I do have extremely high morals...it's a bit hard not to ride on his status when you look very much alike!

4. Zoo_Boy

Zoo_Boy Well-Known Member

um... ok... then- are you onbe of those impersonators?

5. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

We need photos.

6. thekhakiwarrior

thekhakiwarrior Member

I will readily tell you that I don't look exactly like Steve. But, considering Judy actually told Bob that 'That kid looks like Steve'. I think it's a pretty forgone conclusion. Plus when you actually get approached by people on the street telling you you look like him, plus management at Movieworld and...well, you get the picture!

MySpace.com - thekhakiwarrior - 22 - Male - Sunshine Coast, AU - www.myspace.com/thekhakiwarrior

I may spit alot of venom in my blog, but believe me, I'm not stupid!

7. Zoo_Boy

Zoo_Boy Well-Known Member

I will readily agree with you you dont look like steve. Movie world mngmt must have been smoking that day- sorry!

8. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

Next question, how come you aren't a regular visitor to Aust Zoo anymore, were there "issues"? If you are looking for employment it's better to be upfront, because trust me, the zoo world is much smaller than you think and things always come out!

9. thekhakiwarrior

thekhakiwarrior Member

I do not agree with the current direction I perceive the zoo to be taking. Plus there were allegations made against myself that were completely false or the incidents were taken so far out of context that they could literally be considered defamatory.

In regards to the photo, well, that's just one photo. Still, I must admit, there is a very reasonable percentage of the population who believe I look like Steve. Ah well, I don't really mind either way, I'm just trying to be myself.

10. boof

boof Well-Known Member 15+ year member

You are trying to develop your image seperate to Steve, but you call yourself the Khaki warrior, you dress the same and are the only Aussie i know that still uses the word crikey!

I wish you all the best in what ever you are trying to do, but if you are trying to seperate yourself from Steve, you might have to try a little harder.;)

11. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

I would gather the proof you need to show accusations are false, assuming they are, because then you have something to show people. I would also advise dropping any association with Steve if you want to get into the zoo industry, no one cares who you look like, they just want you to do a job.

12. Faraji

Faraji Active Member

Be yourself - don't be a "Steve". The zoo community won't respect you otherwise. It's actually knowledge and experience that counts, not arrogance and showmanship.

13. thekhakiwarrior

thekhakiwarrior Member

To be absolutely honest with everyone, I do like to put on an act and a show. But I also truly love animals, I've decided to bite the bullet and 'have a go' at it for myself. I'll be moving up to FNQ very soon. I have what you could call, 12 years experience with various animals. Ironically, I've also done things a few people have been absolutely shocked by, I seem to have a real knack for it and want to develop it further.

If your wondering why I call myself 'The Khaki Warrior'. It was a wordplay I had with myself for approximately two-three days. It seemed an appropriate phrase and wasn't actually in use to my knowledge by anyone else in the world. Plus I'd like to think it's a bit catchy.

I will also admit I take pride in trying (and I can really nail it if I want) to talk and act like Steve word for word. But as soon as I 'snap' out of the acting people can realise I'm a BIT different, though considering our personalities overlap to such a great extent it is truly hard to NOT be thought of as another Steve!

In regards to knowledge, that's why I'm here, if anyone can help me out, in regards to books I should read or videos I should watch or anything else, let me know! Would be much appreciated. In regards to more experience, if anyone would like to discuss in further detail (PM) my current situation and how I can help them and vice-versa. Let me know as well! My skills, talents, knowledge and current situation might come as a great surprise to people.

14. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

It's a bit hard to know what to suggest to help you, because you haven't given any indication what your experience is. Have you done formal study, work experience, volunteering????

15. thekhakiwarrior

thekhakiwarrior Member

Put it this way, I can't say too much on this forum, in PM, I can share a bit more information. I will admit, I am an extremely rare one-of-a-kind individual. By that I really do mean one-of-a-kind.

16. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

If you pm me I might be able to give you some guidance as to what your next step should be. I have been an employer and am also involved in the zoo community so I have an idea what people are looking for in an employee.

17. Faraji

Faraji Active Member

I have been in the zoo industry for a number of years now, and with the persona you come across with, you will find it hard to gain a lot respect. It is not just the "Steve" thing (although I find that very hard to understand if you are serious about this industry), but you also come across as very cocky. I'm not trying to be mean or harsh, but zoos and wildlife conservation needs to be taken seriously and you sound like you have a lot of growing up to do if you want to be a part of it.

18. boof

boof Well-Known Member 15+ year member

is this bloke fair dinkum or is it someone playing a joke on us.

19. Monty

Monty Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Crikey :confused::rolleyes:

20. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

bah!

aw... come on sim, the guys taking us for a ride but i'm not allowed sling some back?!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.