Join our zoo community

Crikey! It's 'The Khaki Warrior'

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thekhakiwarrior, 9 Mar 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zookiah63

zookiah63 Well-Known Member

Of course he's a phoney.

He claims to be 22 yo whose musical interests include Phil Collins, Bryan Adams and Bon Jovi....these guys were big when I was 22 (about 22 years ago) and I didn't like them back then either!

(although someone did as they've all made big bucks....mostly from the wedding industry from what I can gather.)

2. Monty

Monty Well-Known Member 15+ year member

From your blog I presume you have been thrown out of Aust zoo. If not what happen.

3. thekhakiwarrior

thekhakiwarrior Member

Nah mate, I can assure you I'm 'fair dinkum'. Is there anything wrong with someone trying to market themselves to the general public coming across as a 'managed persona'? Also, what can I say, I like oldskool music!

In regards to coming across as 'cocky'. Your right, I have a napoleon complex. If you knew what I've been through, you'd completely understand why!

4. Zoo_Boy

Zoo_Boy Well-Known Member

ha i really wanna know what pat said to have it removed!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

HA! sheesh you know i'm gonna have to be really careful the way i put this for fear sim removes my posts again....

its one thing to have a "managed persona" and another to imitate celebrities "managed persona". personally i don't think steve irwin has really been dead long enough yet for there to be a market for imitators, but regardless, i certainly don't understand why you think it's appropriate to take on that role on an internet forum.

either you truly are obsessed, in which case i fear its overridden your sense of social decorum OR your just having a bit of fun and don't seem to understand that nobody is playing along. in any event, you've failed to win me over.....

good luck in FNQ. if i were you i'de stear clear of batt reef.

6. thekhakiwarrior

thekhakiwarrior Member

I think you've missed the part where I said that our personalities overlap quite a bit and where I said I'm trying to develop my own persona. Also, where exactly have I said that I'm trying to imitate his 'managed persona' 24/7? Sure, I'll do it, BUT WHEN I'M ACTING! Other then that, I'm just myself!

7. patrick

i find it truly astonishing that you feel it is innate for you to have steve irwin's personality and that the development of your own is something you need to "try" and do.

well lets put it this way... what have you given us thus far? an irwin related name, irwin related language and comments regarding irwin related topics. all you have done is talked about how much you are like steve irwin. you may not do it 24/7 but its all you have given us.

take my advice - drop it. its not fun, nobody gets it and nobody cares. this is an internet forum where we primarily talk about wildlife and places that keep them. we don't have any interest in talking to a wannabe irwin.

be yourself or be gone.

8. thekhakiwarrior

thekhakiwarrior Member

Well patrick, one thing I've apparently learned is, it's not worth my time engaging in a conversation with yourself. You apparently don't listen to rhyme or reason.

9. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

Rhyme or reason? Can someone say: "deleted thread"?

10. Zoo_Boy

lol snowleopard- theres no need to delete it- it's to much fun reading pats carefully scripted posts.

though why do you need a mamnaged personna- just be ya self, i would hire you for you (and your degree and experience).

I dont have a personna per-say that i manage- alchohol seems to do that for me-

11. patrick

look i thought the deleted post was rather quite funny. sim obviously didn't! :eek:

12. thekhakiwarrior

thekhakiwarrior Member

When I say 'managed persona'. It's what I present to the public, there is no way in hell I expect to get hired because of it, I expect to get hired based on my skills and abilities. You must admit, most people in the zoo industry thought of Steve as 'a bit of a ********' (and I'll readily admit that too). Hey, you might be right, but he was extremely popular among the regular public (well, as popular as a zoo staffer/owner could be when he was alive). He brought the crowds to Australia Zoo, he had the 'star factor'. That's why the tills kept ticking over when his popularity started to take off, he had another product to sell as well as 'come see the animals'.

I just can't see what the problem is...

Being 'oh wow and flashy' is great, but when it comes down to it, I realise you need the skills and abilities, which I believe I have. The way I see it, putting myself out there as 'The Khaki Warrior' is the way I can interact with the general public and generate a bit of publicity for myself. But again, I can assure you I have my head screwed on correctly and realise the star factor won't get myself a job, it's the skills and abilities.

13. Ara

Ara Well-Known Member

I'm over this guy.
    I'm not going to bother with this thread again.

14. Jarkari

Jarkari Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Oh. . . damnit. . . I wanna see what patrick said.

15. Zoo_Boy

ok mate ive had enough- there was one steve. you will never be him, and i hate epoeple who ride him just to think they are good.

He was one of a kind, he was gerat, i say legend, education through exciting education, but you are simply not him. You seem to be doing it 'for the crowds' not for the bloody animals.

1 steve, and if you havnt noticed it's not you!

Be ya self, if you are nnaturally charasmatic great use it for conservation, not for a few laughs at the pub or the local fair.

Steve Irwin was one of a kind, no one will replce him, so just stop the act.

16. Zoo_Boy

**** are you serious

"publicity for myself" what about the animals mate- get a life! Do it for the right reasons.

17. Jarkari

Jarkari Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Your Initial thread said due to recent events you were now up for the taking or something like that. If you didn't work at Aust Zoo how do these recent events at Aust zoo affect your availability to work? just curious, no accusations here. . . .

18. Faraji

Faraji Active Member

Dude, you are 22. There is no way you have all this experience you continually harp on about. You may have done a few things (which you will not elaborate on), but clearly no one is (or has been) impressed. This should be telling you something - most people do not have a lot of time for "showmanship" like you say or a "Napoleon complex". (Oh, and for future reference, this is not something you should be proud of). :confused:

Last edited: 19 Mar 2008
  19. Zoo_Boy

Basically, steve was the best, IMO, dont ride on him.

20. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

But what skills and abilities? Where is you experience? What would you put on a CV in the bit on job experience?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.