Join our zoo community

Singapore Night Safari Curly bearded pig

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by Writhedhornbill, 13 Jul 2008.

1. Writhedhornbill

Writhedhornbill Well-Known Member

How visible, and easy to photograph is this species at the Singapore night safari?
    According to ISIS this species has just bred at the park with 11 having been born!

2. Zooish

Zooish Well-Known Member 15+ year member

This species can only be viewed from the tram. So only fleeting glimpses and photographs are almost impossible (dim lights, moving tram, no flash allowed).

3. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

good to hear no flash allowed...how strongly is it enforced though?

4. Zooish

Zooish Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Short of confiscating cameras, the staff do all they can to enforce it. Rangers walking the trails will advise (forcefully if required) guests to turn off flash; guides on trams will do the same, to the extent of stopping the trams and confronting the visitors.

Despite signs everywhere, there will be dimwits who continue flashing away. Personal pet peeve of mine, so if i see people using flash i will give them an earful (i used to do a bit of guiding at the park).

5. boof

boof Well-Known Member 15+ year member

i was on the night safari tram while a teenaged girl and her father were constanly flashing away. The staff were very polite asking her to stop, but she ignored their polite requests until they stopped the tram and told her to put the camera away.

Dr. Wolverine likes this.